Blowing Rock is well-known for laid back leisure and locally inspired, indulgence-worthy dining. A month-long celebration of NC beers just fits here. You’ll find North Carolina brews in town all year, but for NC Beer Month, our watering holes are pulling all the stops. Throughout April, local restaurants are featuring NC Beers in delicious ways, from flights to dining specials. Plus our very own brewery, Blowing Rock Brewing Company, has a contest you don’t want to miss!
- The Blowing Rock Brewery is hosting a Name Our Next Beer Contest! Offer your inspiration for a new brew and get the chance to experience and assist in the brewing process of the beer you inspired with lead brewers Jim and Harrison. The brewery team will review all entries and select the most inspirational idea for their next brew. The winner also gets 1 night accommodation and dinner at the Blowing Rock Ale House & Inn. Entry forms are available on the brewery website now, and at the Ale House starting April 1.
- Saturdays in April: Guest breweries with tastings on Saturdays at Six Pence Pub! Plus a special Pint Night on Friday, April 15.
April 2– The Unknown Brewery tasting 2-4 PMApril 9– Wicked Weed tasting 2-4 PMApril 15– Oskar Blues Pint Night 6:30-8:30 PMApril 16– Booneshine tasting 2-4 PMApril 23– Highland Brewing tasting 2-4 PMApril 30– Hi-Wire Brewing 2-4 PM
- Thursdays in April: Guest breweries with tastings on Thursdays at Foggy Rock! Free tasting and conversation with local brewers, plus fun giveaways. 6-8pm.
April 7- Blowing Rock AleApril 14- BooneshineApril 21- Lost ProvinceApril 28- Devils Backbone
Friday, April 8: Canyons Restaurant hosts Booneshine Brewing Company for a Pint Night! Come chat with the brewers, try some beers, and take home a free pint glass. 7pm-10pm.
- Wednesday, April 13: A pairing evening at The New Public House will feature The Unknown Brewing Company of Charlotte. Enjoy specials paired with Unknown brews, and special flights. 5-9pm.
- April 14-17: Savor Blowing Rock, formerly known as the Blue Ridge Wine & Food Festival, features the best in food and drink, and that includes NC Beer. Find NC beer samples at the Taste! event on Thursday, April 14, and at the Grand Tasting on Saturday, April 16. Tickets available to these and many more culinary events on the official website.
- Saturday, April 16: BBQ, Brews, & Cruise-In for Habitat at Town Tavern Blowing Rock! Seven guest breweries from around Western NC offering tastings with live music, food, plus cookies from Appalachia Cookie Company. Door prizes, a 50/50 Raffle, and the Lenoir Downtown Cruisers make the afternoon really special! Join in the fun from 1-5pm. Tickets are $25 and benefit Habitat for Humanity.
- Friday, April 15: Don’t miss the Beer & Bites pairing seminar at Foggy Rock Restaurant. The brewer from Appalachian Mountain Brewery of Boone will discuss the process at the brewery, and walk everyone through small-plate pairings. 3-5pm. Register in advance- only 18 seats available!
All Month Long:
- Wright Brothers’ Flight at Mellow Mushroom: You’ll always find an amazing selection of craft beers at Mellow Mushroom and during NC Beer Month twelve NC brews will be on draft all April. During this time you can enjoy a Wright Brothers’ Flight for just $15! This epic flight features tastes of all twelve NC brews on a monster paddle! Plus, get $1 off their signature Doughnads- bite sized pieces of dough baked to perfection, basted with butter & sprinkled with Parmesan- served up with hot beer cheese made with Lonerider Sweet Josie Brown Ale out of Raleigh N.C. Mellow Mushroom’s new location on Main Street features fun & funky juxtaposed with beautiful classic stone work, a welcoming bar with plenty of taps, and the delightfully unique menu that you expect at Mellow.
- Brew-inspired dishes: at Canyons and The Table at Crestwood. Get the best view and the most delicious NC Beer specials at Canyons: how about a beer-braised pork sandwich with a blackberry-porter bbq sauce? Created with local brews, of course. Different special every day! Plus, plenty of NC beers on tap. The Table at Crestwood is featuring “Moburger, Mo Beer” all month long, which specially pairs NC beers with the house burger every day.
- Special NC beer flights can be found at Timberlake’s at Chetola, The Table at Crestwood, and Six Pence Pub . On Thursdays, the Blowing Rock Ale House offers flights of three small-batch local brews for $3. At Timberlake’s, the view is as appealing as the menu, with seats on the lakeside patio or inside the historic manor house available. The Table at Crestwood offers beautiful views of the Pisgah Forest, in a casually elegant space. Six Pence is located right on Main Street with a patio perfect for enjoying the spring, while the cozy pub interior invites you to make new friends at the bar. The Ale House is inside a beautifully renovated home, with a great front lawn open for enjoying service in the sunshine or shade. All locations offer varied delicious dining.
- Special pricing on NC pints! Rustique offers $3 NC pints all month, while Blowing Rock Ale House offers $3 local pints every Thursday. Rustique is one of Blowing Rock’s newest restaurants, with a casually elegant interior and uniquely inspired dishes. The Ale House is our local brewery, and you can take a peek inside the brewhouse nearly any time.
Join us in Blowing Rock for NC Beer Month, we look forward to toasting with you!