Blowing Rock is well-known for locally inspired, indulgence-worthy dining and laid back leisure. A month-long celebration of NC beers just fits here. You’ll find North Carolina brews in town all year, but for NC Beer Month, our watering holes are pulling all the stops. Throughout April, local restaurants are featuring NC Beers in delicious ways, from flights to dining specials. Plus our very own brewery, Blowing Rock Brewing Company, has fun in the works to commemorate NC Beer Month 2015. Get rewarded for raising a pint with us- check out details on the Blowing Rock Brew-a-bout Passport at the bottom of this page!
- Saturday, April 11: The Blowing Rock Brewery is setting up camp out on the lawn with the Blowing Rock Bivouac to celebrate NC Beer Month. Free entry and live entertainment, plus complimentary brewery tours and educational seminars with the head brewer Ray Hodges and brewery manager Chef Erick Virt. Special beer flights & appetizer pairings will be available for purchase. Don’t forget to bring your Blowing Rock Brew-a-bout Passport (more on that below)- show four stamps and get a FREE Blowing Rock Brewing Company pint glass!
- Friday, April 17: Don’t miss the Beer & Bites pairing seminar at Foggy Rock Restaurant. Bartender and beer-lover Kaela will guide you through several tasty pairings. Part of the Blue Ridge Wine & Food Festival.
- Friday, April 17: Blowing Rock’s newest restaurant, Rustique, will be hosting a Beer Dinner with Blind Squirrel Brewery. Chef Shayne Lewis will prepare a delicious line up of courses to pair with Blind Squirrel brews. Part of the Blue Ridge Wine & Food Festival.
- Friday April 17 and Saturday, April 18: Craft Beer Tastings at Timberlake’s at Chetola Resort. Featuring Lost Province Brewery of Boone, Appalachian Mountain Brewery of Boone, Blowing Rock Brewing of Blowing Rock, French Broad Brewery of Asheville, and Catawba Brewing of Morganton. Just $10 per flight per person. Wine flights available, too. Part of the Blue Ridge Wine & Food Festival.
- Saturday, April 18: The Blowing Rock Town Tavern is hosting a Pig Pickin’ and beer tasting with Appalachian Mountain Brewery! Enjoy $8 BBQ plates, live entertainment, beer tastings, plus treats from Appalachia Cookie Company. The event runs from 1pm to 7pm, with bands starting at 1 and 4. There’s no cover, so you may even consider sticking around for Karaoke Night starting at 9pm.
- April 16-19: The 10th Annual Blue Ridge Wine & Food Festival features the best in food and drink, and that includes NC Beer. Find NC beer samples at the Taste! event on Thursday, April 16, and at the Grand Tasting on Saturday, April 18. Tickets available to these and many more culinary events on the official website.
All Month Long:
- Brew-inspired dishes at Storie Street Grille and Canyons: Recipes incorporating NC beers will be featured daily at both restaurants. Each week, Storie Street Grille will host a different NC brewery and incorporate their beers into unique daily dishes. Enjoy creations featuring Natty Greene, Mother Earth, Highland Brewing, and Duck Rabbit brews each week, respectively. At Canyons, get the best view and the most delicious NC Beer specials: how about a beer-braised pork sandwich with a blackberry-porter bbq sauce? Created with local brews, of course. Different special every day! Plus, plenty of NC beers on tap.
- Special pricing on NC beer flights can be found at Foggy Rock for $5 and at Six Pence Pub for $6. At Foggy Rock, enjoy a locally-inspired setting and neighborhood vibe with a wide selection of regional beers. Six Pence is located right on Main Street with a patio perfect for enjoying the spring, while the cozy pub interior invites you to make new friends at the bar. Both locations offer delicious dining.
- Special pricing on NC pints! Town Tavern offers $4 NC pints all month, while Mellow Mushroom is featuring $3 NC pints and $10 growlers of NC brews. Town Tavern features a fun, sports pub setting with lots of TVs and a great outdoor patio on Main Street. Mellow Mushroom of Blowing Rock serves up tasty pizzas in a quirky, groovy building downtown.
- NC Beers Tap Takeover at Bistro Roca features at all NC brews all month long. The taps will rotate, too, so you’ll find new brews throughout April. Bistro Roca is a neighborhood favorite, tucked away just a stone’s throw from Main Street.
The Blowing Rock Brew-a-bout:
Take advantage of great specials and events for NC Beer Month in Blowing Rock, and get rewarded, too! For the entire month of April, folks can grab a Blowing Rock Brew-a-bout Passport from the Blowing Rock Visitor Center or any of the 11 participating restaurants: Blowing Rock Ale House, Best Cellar, Canyons, Chestnut Grille at Green Park Inn, Foggy Rock, Mellow Mushroom, Roots, Six Pence, Blowing Rock Town Tavern, Timberlake’s at Chetola Resort, and Storie Street Grille. When you spend at any of these restaurants in April, on food or drink, you get a stamp for the business. Use your passport like a dining crawl guide and have an appetizer at one restaurant, an entrée at another, and dessert at the next! Or, in keeping with NC Beer Month, it makes a great bar-crawl map.
Show 4 or more stamps at the Blowing Rock Brewing Bivouac on April 11 to get a free Blowing Rock Brewing Pint Glass.
Get 8 or more stamps throughout the month and use the Passport to enter the Blowing Rock Brew-a-bout Giveaway. The Giveaway features an overnight stay at the Blowing Rock Ale House and two Blowing Rock Brewing Company pint glasses. Entries may be handed in at Blowing Rock Ale House. Passport entries may also be photographed and uploaded to Facebook or Twitter with a tag for Blowing Rock Brewing’s Facebook page. Deadline for entry with a Brew-a-bout Passport is May 4. There is no purchase necessary to enter the giveaway, and official rules and more details can be found at BlowingRockBrewing.com/events.
Join us in Blowing Rock for NC Beer Month, we look forward to toasting with you!